Monday 5 February 2018

Disneyland Countdown Drawers

Well, I have finally made a start ….. the first three drawers for Iris and Bertie’s Disneyland Countdown Calendar have been completed, only another twenty two to go!
finding Nemo seagull drawerIMG_6505
The number of buttons in the Dress It Up button packs vary, so I was really chuffed to get two drawers done with the Finding Nemo pack, other packs I know I won’t be quite so lucky, which is why this isn’t going to be a cheap project!
IMG_6541
I decided to cover the sides of the drawers with washi tape I already had and stickers from a Carpe Diem Say Cheese sticker tablet I bought for the project. I have to admit that I was a bit disappointed when the tablet arrived, too many stickers that didn’t seem that relevant to what I was doing, but I am still determined to find a place to use them.
IMG_6539
I think I can also spread the packs of Mickey and Minnie Mouse buttons out, getting away with using a few singly, and then filling the gaps with stars, flat backed gems and the larger Say Cheese stickers in the the background.  I am also hoping to visit a Michaels while I am in New York (????) and fingers crossed I can find a few more Disney bits and pieces that I can add.
I reckon each drawer front is taking me about half an hour in the first instance but then I invariably go back to it to add an extra layer of Glossy Accents, a couple more gems or just a few little dots here and there.

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

This is going to be an amazing project. Your first two drawers look perfect! Can't wait to see the finished product.

tilly said...

this is going to be stunning and a real keepsake, what a labour of love !!
Tilly